When traders open a position on the Bybit platform, they will be able to see the details shown inside their Positions tab. By default, this Positions tab is located right underneath the price charts. To reset the layout of your Bybit trading platform, please clear your browser's cookies and cache.
Therefore, with reference to the image above, traders will also be able to see the unrealised PNL % shown within their Positions tab. Below are some of the key details that traders need to know about this unrealised PNL %
1) This is calculated using the current Last Traded Price (LTP).
2) The formula for calculating the unrealised PNL% is to take the face value of your PNL / the initial margin of your position.
Again using the image above as an example,
Unrealised PNL% = (0.0085 / 0.0245) * 100% = 34.69% ( An approximate figure as LTP is constantly changing)
Note: This means that this is the expected return on the initial margin you have used for the opening of this position and not the ROE% on your total account balance.
3) Unrealised PNL does not include your position's trading fees or funding fees.
4) The unrealised PNL shown inside your Positions tab is only showing up to 4 decimal places.
To view the full 8 decimal places, please click on your Assets tab located on the top left corner of your main trading page.
5) If you place your mouse cursor above the unrealised PNL face value, it will show you another figure: Unrealised PNL based on Mark Price
In summary, as a general guide, please use this unrealised PNL% shown inside your Positions tab as a quick reference instead of an absolute actual PNL% when you intend to close your position.