1) Due to insufficient margin (The system will show as rejected)
- Conditional orders do not have any margin requirements when traders place them.
- But this does not mean that conditional orders do not require margins to be executed. Instead, the system will check for the margin requirements when the conditional orders are triggered (The preset price (Last, Mark, Index) reaches the trigger price)
- If the system determined that there are insufficient available balance to successfully execute the conditional orders after being triggered, it will be rejected by the system
- Note: If you would like to manually place a stop loss via a conditional order, please be reminded to select the Close on Trigger function.
2) Due to the accidental selection of Close on Trigger when placing conditional orders to open a position (The system will show as rejected)
- Close on Trigger function is solely meant as a position closing order instruction
- If a conditional order with Close on Trigger enabled is triggered and there is no existing open position, the system will reject the order.
3) Due to order not meeting the minimum order price (The system will show as rejected)
- The minimum order price on the platform is 10% of Last Traded Price (LTP) at the moment of being triggered
- Traders can set any order price at the point of placing the conditional order. However, like the margin requirements above, the system will check all parameters of the conditional orders once they have been triggered.
- If order price is below 10% of LTP, the system will reject the order
The following reasons are specific to conditional limit orders.
1) Due to the order price being placed at a better than the best bid/ask price inside the order book when triggered (The system will show as NEW)
- Conditional limit orders when triggered, are executed akin to traders placing a limit order at the point of triggering.
- The execution of a limit order is determined by the preset order price relative to the best Bid/Ask price inside the order book.
- It will remain active but not executed until the LTP reaches the order price or when users decide to cancel them
- For more information regarding the execution of limit orders, please click here.
2) Due to the selection of post only function and the conditional limit order will be executed immediately upon a trigger(The system will show as cancelled)
- The objective of a post only function is to ensure that traders' conditional limit/limit orders will enter the order book first before execution, hence fulfilling the requirements as a maker order.
- When the system detects that the order will be immediately executed upon a trigger, the order will automatically be canceled to prevent traders from paying unintentional taker fees.