1) It is recommended that traders secure their account with a strong password.
A strong password should consist of at least 8 to 30 characters (and the more characters, the stronger the password) that are a combination of alphabets and numbers. Passwords are typically case-sensitive, so a strong password should contain letters in both uppercase and lowercase.
Optional: Adding special characters (such as: !@#$%^&*) will significantly increase the strength of your password. It is not mandatory to do so but we will highly recommend our traders to include at least one special character inside their Bybit login password.
Fun fact: To check the strength of your password, you may use this Password Checker tool by Kaspersky
2) Do not reveal your login account details and information to anyone, such as your email address.
3) Always maintain a separate and strong password for your email account address that is linked to your Bybit account. It is highly recommended that the passwords for your email inbox and Bybit account are different. Follow the password recommendations in point (1)
4) Bind your accounts with a Google Authenticator (2FA) as soon as possible. The best time to bind your Google Authenticator is immediately after your first login to your Bybit account. It is also highly recommended to activate Google Authenticator (2FA) or equivalent for the email address inbox account.
5) Do not use Bybit on an unsecured public wifi connection. Use a secured wireless connection such as a tethered 4G/LTE mobile connection from your smartphone if you need to use your PC in public to perform trading activities. You can also consider downloading our official Bybit APP to trade on-the-go.
6) Remember to log out of your account manually when you are going to be away from your computer for an extended period of time.
7) Consider adding a login password or security lock or Face ID to your smartphone/desktop/laptop computer to prevent unauthorized individuals to access your device and the contents within.
8) Do not use auto-fill function and/or saved passwords on the browser.
9) Anti-virus. Install a reputable anti-virus system (Paid and subscribed version is highly recommended) on your PC. Make a consistent effort to run a deep system scan for viruses in the PC on a regular basis.