1) It is recommended that traders secure their account with a strong password.
A strong password should consist of at least 8 to 30 characters (and the more characters, the stronger the password) that are a combination of alphabets and numbers. Passwords are typically case-sensitive, so a strong password should contain letters in both uppercase and lowercase.
Optional: Adding special characters (such as: !@#$%^&*) will significantly increase the strength of your password. It is not mandatory to do so but we will highly recommend our traders to include at least one special character inside their Bybit login password.
2) Do not reveal your login account details and information to anyone, such as your email address.
3) Create a separate password for your email account address that is linked to your Bybit account. It is highly recommended that the passwords for your email inbox and Bybit account are different.
4) Bind your account with a Google Authenticator (2FA). The best time to bind your Google Authenticator is immediately after your first login to your Bybit account. For a step-by-step guide on how to do so, please click HERE
5) Do not use Bybit on an unsecured public wifi connection. Use a secured wireless connection such as a tethered 4G/LTE mobile connection from your smartphone if you need to use your PC in public to perform trading activities. In addition, you can also consider downloading our Bybit APP using this GUIDE to trade on-the-go.
6) Remember to log out of your account manually when you are going to be away from your computer for an extended period of time.
7) Consider adding a login password to your desktop/laptop computer so that the computer auto locks itself when you are away from your keyboard.
8) Do not use auto-fill function and/or saved passwords on the browser.
9) Anti-virus. Install a reputable anti-virus system (Paid and subscribed version is highly recommended) on your PC. Make a consistent effort to run a deep system scan for viruses in the PC on a regular basis.