To ensure a smooth Fiat Gateway deposit, traders are required to perform KYC with our third-party service providers. Once successfully verified, service providers will perform an immediate transfer to credit the crypto coins into our traders' Bybit account and under normal circumstances, the expected time to receive it will be within 2 to 3 hours. If traders experienced delays and did not receive their deposits after 24 hours, please refer to your email inbox for any email instructions from our service providers.
Alternatively, please refer to the following suggestions to find out how to contact the customer support for the respective service providers.
For more info, please refer to the FAQ below.
1) Is the Fiat deposit function handled by Bybit?
No, Bybit does not handle fiat deposits. Instead, all fiat deposits are 100% handled by our Fiat Gateway partners: Banxa, XanPool, MoonPay and Mercuryo.
2) Who are the third-party providers currently providing this service on Bybit?
Banxa, XanPool, MoonPay and Mercuryo are some of the world's most popular and trusted Fiat gateway providers, enabling internationally compliant Fiat-gateway software solutions for exchanges, wallets, and other cryptocurrency businesses.
3) What are the supported Fiat currency deposits?
AUD, BGN, CAD, CHF, COP, CZK, DKK, DOP, EGP, EUR, GBP, HKD, HRK, IDR, ILS, INR, JOD, JPY, KES, KRW, KWD, LKR, MAD, MXN, MYR, NGN, NOK, NZD, OMR, PEN, PHP, PKR, PLN, RON, RUB, SEK, SGD, THB, TRY, TWD, USD, VND, ZAR
4) What types of cryptocurrencies can I purchase?
At present, only BTC, ETH and USDT are available for purchase, with plans to add on other coins in the near future.
5) Is there a minimum/maximum Fiat amount that can be deposited?
Yes there is. Purchasing limits will be stated when traders select and input their desired Fiat deposit amount based on their respective Fiat currencies.
6) What kind of payment modes/methods are accepted?
Electronic fund transfers, Visa/Mastercard credit and debit cards, and cash deposits (Limited to certain areas).
For more details, please refer to the providers’ respective websites.
7) Are there transaction fees when buying crypto using credit cards?
Yes, the transaction fees will be shown on the respective providers’ webpage.
8) Does Bybit make any profits from traders performing this Fiat deposit?
No, Bybit does not receive any transaction fees collected.
9) Can traders perform this Fiat deposit using Bybit’s App?
Currently, this is not available on App and can only be performed via PC version of the platform https://bybit.com/buy-crypto
10) Can traders use this function to convert cryptocurrencies into Fiat and perform a withdrawal out of Bybit?
No, this is not possible at this time. Only Fiat deposits are accepted.
11) Who determines the exchange rate?
The respective third-party providers will provide the exchange rate. These rates are listed on Bybit's webpage to allow quick comparison among the different providers. For the final exchange rates and figures, please always refer to our third party providers’ website.
12) Why is my final exchange rate different from the one I saw on the Bybit platform?
The figures stated on Bybit only serves to be indicative and are quoted based on the trader's last inquiry. It does not dynamically change based on the price movement of the cryptocurrency. For the final exchange rates and figures, please refer to our third party providers’ website.
13) How long does it take for the crypto to be deposited into my account?
Generally speaking, traders will receive their coins within 2 to 30 minutes after successfully performing the Fiat deposit.
14) What are some reasons for delays in receiving my crypto and who should I contact for assistance.
According to our third-party providers, two main causes of delays are
(a) failure to submit proper KYC documents during the registration process
(b) Fiat payment failed to successfully go through
If you do not receive your coins inside your Bybit account within 2 hours, please reach out to third-party providers to seek immediate assistance. In order for Bybit CS to provide assistance, kindly provide us with a TXID of the transfer, which can be obtained from the service providers.
15) What happens if I encounter any payment issues during the depositing process?
Please contact the respective service providers to seek immediate assistance.
16) Will my personal and credit card details be stored inside Bybit?
No, Bybit does not store such data and all data required to perform Fiat deposits are solely managed by the third-party service providers. For more details, please refer to their respective privacy policies.
17) Am I able to retrieve the records of all my previous Fiat deposit transactions?
You will be able to retrieve the deposit records from your Bybit Assets page under the 'Fiat Trading History' tab.
18) Is KYC required on Bybit?
At present, traders do not require KYC to register and/or continue using the Bybit platform.
19) Is KYC mandatory on the third-party provider platform?
Yes, KYC is needed in order to successfully perform a Fiat deposit on the third-party providers’ website.
20) Are there any countries that are restricted from using this service?
The following countries are restricted from using this service: Afghanistan, Central African Republic, Congo, Côte d’Ivoire, Cuba, Eritrea, Guinea-Bissau, Iran, Iraq, North Korea, Liberia, Libya, Panama, Rwanda, Somalia, South Sudan, Sudan, Ukraine Crimea, Yemen, Zimbabwe
21) I just bought some BTC but the status showed up as "canceled" inside my account's Fiat trading history. What does it mean?
This means that the transaction did not go through and your Bybit wallet address will not receive any BTC. For more details regarding the cancellation, please check with the respective third-party service provider.
22) What do the other statuses represent inside the Fiat trading history?
Pending = Fiat deposit transaction has been submitted, pending payment
Paid = Fiat deposit successfully made, pending cryptocurrency transfer into Bybit account
Completed = Transaction completed and cryptocurrency will be/has been transferred into Bybit account
Cancelled = Transaction canceled due to either one of the following reasons
- Payment timeout = Trader did not make payment within a given period of time
- Transaction was canceled by trader
- Rejected by the third-party provider
23) Why did my fiat deposit not show up inside my Bybit account's Fiat Trading History even though it was made via the supported list of service providers?
The reason for that is that you may have unintentionally made the deposit directly via the service providers' website. In order to ensure that Bybit has a record of your fiat deposit, please ensure that you always begin the fiat deposit process from our Fiat Gateway webpage
24) Can I choose to deposit a Fiat currency that does not belong to my country of residence?
It depends on the individual third-party providers accepting your KYC documents on their platform. For more information, please communicate directly with the respective third-party providers.
25) How do I contact Banxa Customer Support?
The best way to reach out to Banxa CS is via their integrated live chat function, which is located inside their checkout page via the Fiat Gateway. For more info on how to do so, please visit here.
26) How do I contact XanPool Customer Support?
27) How do I contact MoonPay Customer Support?
The best way to reach out to MoonPay CS is to raise a support ticket via the link here
28) How do I contact Mecuryo Customer Support?
The best way to reach out to Mercuryo CS is to either (a) Email to email@example.com or (b) via their live chat service (Icon located on the bottom right corner). Alternatively, you may also refer to the FAQ prepared by Mecuryo.
29) Is there any purchase limit set by the third party payment providers?
Yes, please refer to the links to the respective payment providers to find out more:
a) MoonPay Purchase Limit