To ensure a smooth Fiat Gateway deposit, traders are required to perform KYC with third-party service providers. Once successfully verified, service providers will perform an immediate transfer to credit the cryptocurrencies into traders' Bybit accounts. Generally, the expected time to receive deposits will be within 2 to 3 hours. If traders experience delays and do not receive their deposits after 24 hours, please refer to your email inbox for any email instructions from your chosen service provider.
Alternatively, please refer to the following suggestions to find out how to contact the customer support for the respective service providers. For more info, please refer to the FAQ below.
1) Is the fiat deposit function handled by Bybit?
No. Bybit does not directly process fiat currency deposits. All fiat deposits are processed 100% by our Fiat Gateway partners.
2) Which service providers provide Fiat deposit services on Bybit?
Currently, our Fiat Gateway partners include Banxa, XanPool, MoonPay, Mercuryo, E-check and Simplex.
3) What are the supported fiat currency deposits?
Currently, the 59 fiat currencies supported include AUD, BGN, BRL, CAD, CHF, COP, CZK, DKK, DOP, EGP, EUR, GBP, HKD, HRK, IDR, ILS, INR, JOD, JPY, KES, KRW, KWD, LKR, MAD, MXN, MYR, NGN, NOK, NZD, OMR, PEN, PHP, PKR, PLN, RON, RUB, SEK, SGD, THB, TRY, TWD, UAH, USD, VND, ZAR, ARS, AZN, CLP, CRC, GEL, HUF, KZT, MDL, NAD, UYU, QAR, SAR, AED, and UZS.
4) What types of cryptocurrencies can I purchase?
Currently, only BTC, ETH and USDT are supported.
5) Is there a minimum/maximum fiat amount that can be deposited?
Yes. The purchase limit will be indicated in the amount input box.
6) What kind of payment methods are accepted?
Electronic fund transfers, Visa/Mastercard credit, debit cards and cash deposits (limited to certain areas).
For more details, please refer to the providers’ respective websites.
7) Will there be any transaction fees if I purchase crypto via Fiat Gateway?
Most service providers charge transaction fees for crypto purchases. Please check the official website of the respective service provider for the actual fee.
8) Will Bybit charge any transaction fee for Fiat Gateway?
No. Bybit will not charge users any transaction fee for using Fiat Gateway.
9) Can traders perform fiat deposits using Bybit’s app?
Currently, this is not available on Bybit’s app and can only be performed via the PC version of the platform at https://www.bybit.com/user/assets/purchase/crypto.
10) Can traders use this function to convert cryptocurrencies into fiat and perform a withdrawal out of Bybit?
No, only fiat deposits are accepted.
11) Why is the final price quote from the service provider different from the quote I saw on Bybit?
The prices quoted on Bybit are derived from prices provided by third-party service providers, and are for reference only. They may differ from the final quotes due to market movement or rounding error. Please refer to the respective service providers' official website for accurate quotes.
12) Why is my final exchange rate different from the one I saw on the Bybit platform?
The figures stated on Bybit only serve to be indicative and are quoted based on the trader's last inquiry. This does not dynamically change based on the price movement of the cryptocurrency. For the final exchange rates and figures, please refer to our third-party providers’ websites.
13) When will I receive the cryptocurrency I purchased?
The cryptocurrency is usually deposited into your Bybit account between 2 to 30 minutes after purchase. It may take longer, however, depending on blockchain network conditions and the service level of the particular service provider. For new users, cryptocurrency deposits may take up to one day.
14) What is the reason for the delay in receiving my cryptocurrency? Whom should I contact for help?
According to our third-party providers, there are two main reasons for the delay:
(a) Failure to submit proper KYC documents during the registration process.
(b) Fiat payment failed to successfully go through.
If you do not receive cryptocurrency in your Bybit account within two hours, please reach out to the appropriate third-party provider to seek immediate assistance. In order for Bybit CS to provide assistance, kindly provide us with a TXID of the transfer, which can be obtained from the service provider.
15) What happens if I encounter any payment issues during the depositing process?
Please contact the respective service provider to seek immediate assistance.
16) Will my credit card details be recorded in Bybit?
No. Bybit does not record your card details, and all data required to perform fiat deposits is solely managed by the third-party service provider. For more details, please refer to their respective privacy policies.
17) Am I able to retrieve the records of all my previous fiat deposit transactions?
You will be able to retrieve the deposit records from your Bybit assets page under the “Fiat Trading History” tab.
18) Is KYC required on Bybit?
Currently, traders do not require KYC to register and/or continue using the Bybit platform.
19) Is KYC mandatory on third-party provider platforms?
Yes. KYC is needed in order to successfully perform a fiat deposit on the third-party providers’ websites.
20) Are there any countries that are restricted from using this service?
The following countries are restricted from using this service: Afghanistan, Central African Republic, Congo, Côte d’Ivoire, Cuba, Eritrea, Guinea-Bissau, Iran, Iraq, North Korea, Liberia, Libya, Panama, Rwanda, Somalia, South Sudan, Sudan, Ukrainian Crimea, Yemen, and Zimbabwe.
21) I just bought some BTC, but the status is displayed as "canceled" inside my account's fiat trading history. What does this mean?
It means that the transaction did not go through and your Bybit wallet address will not receive BTC. For more details regarding the cancellation, please check with the respective third-party service provider.
22) What do the other statuses represent inside the fiat trading history?
“Pending” — Fiat deposit transaction has been submitted, pending payment or additional verification (if any) to be received by the third-party provider. Please check your email for any additional requirements from the third-party provider.
Please note that some payment methods may take longer to be received by the providers.
“Paid” — Fiat deposit successfully made, pending cryptocurrency transfer into Bybit account.
“Completed” — Transaction completed and cryptocurrency will be/has been transferred into Bybit account.
“Cancelled” — Transaction canceled due to one of the following reasons:
- Payment timeout — Trader did not make payment within a given period of time.
- Transaction was canceled by trader.
- Rejected by the third-party provider.
23) Why did my fiat deposit not show in my Bybit account's fiat trading history, even though it was made via the supported list of service providers?
You may make the deposit directly via the service provider’s website. In order to ensure that Bybit has a record of your fiat deposit, please ensure that you always begin the fiat deposit process from our Fiat Gateway webpage.
24) Can I choose to deposit a fiat currency that does not belong to my country of residence?
It depends on the individual third-party provider accepting your KYC documents on their platform. For more information, please communicate directly with the respective third-party provider.
25) How do I contact Banxa customer support?
The best way to reach out to Banxa CS is via their integrated live chat function, which is located inside their checkout page via the Fiat Gateway. For more info on how to do so, please visit here.
26) How do I contact Xanpool Customer Support?
27) How do I contact Moonpay customer support?
The best way to reach out to Moonpay CS is to raise a support ticket via the link here.
28) How do I contact Mercuryo customer support?
The best way to reach out to Mercuryo CS is to either (a) send an email to email@example.com or (b) via their live chat service (icon located on the bottom right corner). Alternatively, you may also refer to the FAQ prepared by Mercuryo.
29) How do I contact E-check Customer Support?
The best way to reach out to E-check CS is via email firstname.lastname@example.org.
30) How do I contact Simplex customer support?
The best way to reach out to Simplex CS is to raise a support ticket via the link here or via their live chat service (icon located on the bottom right corner).
31) Is there any purchase limit set by the third-party payment providers?
Yes. Please refer to the links below for the respective payment providers to find out more:
a) MoonPay Purchase Limit
b) Mercuryo Purchase Limit
c) Banxa: Daily limit: 10,000 EUR, Weekly limit: 25,000 EUR Purchase Limit
d) XanPool Purchase Limit
e) Simplex: Daily limit is 20,000 USD and the monthly limit is 50,000 USD Purchase Limit