Trading Chart FAQ
Q) The candlesticks inside my price chart did not hit the liquidation price of my position. Why was my position still liquidated?
1) Candlesticks represent the movement of Last Traded Price (LTP), which is the platform's market price. LTP is not the price that triggers liquidations on the platform.
2) On the other hand, liquidations are triggered by Mark Price (Symbol: .MXXX), which is illustrated by the yellow line on the price chart.
3) By default, the Mark Price yellow line displays its movement based on the closing price. Therefore, in order to accurately view the movement of Mark Price at the time of your liquidation, the following adjustments have to be made.
- Change the time frame of the price chart to "1 minute"
- Depending on the direction of your liquidated position, change the setting of .MBTC yellow line to display either "High" or "Low"
Buy/Long position - "Low" Selection (Long position's liquidation price is triggered when Mark Price moves downwards)
Sell/Short position - "High" Selection (Short position's liquidation price is triggered when Mark Price moves upwards)
4) You may now proceed to accurately view the movement of Mark Price at the time of your liquidation.
Q) How many active/conditional orders can I view inside my price chart?
The maximum number of active and/or conditional orders that can be viewed on your chart is limited to 50. Any subsequent orders placed (51st order onwards) will overwrite the display of the oldest order shown on the price chart. For example, order numbers 1 to 50 will be shown on the price chart as well as inside the "Active" tab. If the 51st and 52nd active orders are successfully placed, only order numbers 3 to 52 will be shown on the price chart.
Q) Can I amend my orders directly on the chart?
Yes, you are able to do so, however, please be aware that it is only limited to the changing of order price or trigger price for active limit orders or conditional orders respectively.
Q) How to remove the trading pair's background symbol on my trading chart?
A: Right-click inside the chart area, go to Settings - Appearance -Watermark. Slide the transparency bar to the right to hide the trading symbol.
Q) How to turn on drawing tools?
Q) How to adjust chart timezone?
Q) How to interchange between candlesticks chart and chart line graph?
Q) How to turn on/off quick trading functions?
Q) How to reset the chart back to its default settings?
There are 2 ways to do this.
Option 1: Right-click on the chart and in the pop-out menu, select Reset Chart (Alt + R). This option also allows traders to instantly remove all drawing tools and indicators.
Option 2: Clear your browser cookies and cache. To understand how to do so, please refer to this guide
Q) Is it possible to trade directly on Trading View?
No, Bybit trading charts inside Trading View are only viewable for traders a the moment. However, the Bybit team is always exploring possibilities to innovate and improve the Bybit User Experience.
Please leave us your feedback via this link if you would like to have this feature enabled in the future.