At present, especially during significant market volatility and high trading volume, the Bybit platform is experiencing some delays in processing a huge volume of trade-related data and pushing them out timely to the frontend of our Bybit traders' browser. What this means is that a trader has opened or closed their position, some delays are expected (up to 10 hours) before the corresponding trade data will show up inside your Closed P&L, Order History, Trade History and/or Assets History
The Bybit team is fully aware of this situation and has re-allocated huge manpower and resources to improve it within the shortest period of time. During this interim, if you encounter this issue, the team would like to reassure our valued Bybit traders of the following:
1) 100% of all our traders' assets are fully secured and accounted for inside our database.
- Available balance inside traders' Bybit accounts is not affected by this delay.
- Traders making deposits during such periods will continue to have their deposits accurately and timely reflected inside the My Assets page
- Traders may also successfully submit withdrawal requests during these periods and subject them to a regular withdrawal time review at 0000, 0800 or 1600 UTC.
- Asset Exchanges made during such periods will not result in any delays in terms of coins exchanged/received inside your account. Traders will be able to use them for trading activities immediately after performing the Asset Exchange. However, the data records of such asset exchanges inside your Assets History will experience a delay.
2) All opening and closing orders and their subsequent P&Ls are 100% recorded inside our database. This delay is purely affecting the time taken for such data to be pushed out by our system to our traders' browser.
- Traders may continue to perform their usual trading activities to gain earning potential during market volatility and only review the corresponding trade data after the market volatility has stabilized.
- All price charts and order book prices are not affected by this delay.
- Traders may continue to perform their usual trading activities (such as order placements inside the order zone and/or the TPSL and Close By function inside the Positions tab) during such periods without having to worry about any order restrictions or missing assets.
- If a position is liquidated during this period, traders will not be able to immediately view the liquidation record inside their Trade History.